Crucial Point has proven capabilities in Due Diligence for M&A and related activities, including support to Venture Capital and Private Equity firms and for businesses seeking to acquire other businesses.
Every engagement is unique and tailored to the task at hand. But common process steps include:
- We assess the functionality of the technology capabilities under consideration, looking for discriminators that differentiate the technology in the market.
- We review how well the company’s intellectual property is protected and work closely with IP lawyers on the due diligence team to reduce ambiguity over precisely what you will be buying.
- We provide context on the technology marketplace, including what competitors in the field may have publicly disclosed about their capability.
- We assess whether or not customers may be able to accomplish the functionality of the target technology by other means, including configuring their current technology differently or buying integrations of other capabilities.
- We work closely with you to identify cultural dynamics of the technology team under consideration and how well it will be a strategic fit with your technology team and your strategic intent.
- We identify risks and suggest ways to mitigate risks. This includes a special focus on cybersecurity risks.
- We do all that in a way that always protects your trust and confidence.
- You receive well written reports spelling out conclusions and assessments and continuous dialog and high availability from us till your decisions are made.
Questions/comments/suggestions? Please contact us for more information.
Additional Due Diligence Information:
- Crucial Point Due Diligence Services: A summary of our offerings
- Our Technology Due Diligence Process: Our core processes
- Due Diligence in Cybersecurity: Experience Matters
- Due Diligence in Defense, Intelligence and National Security: A specialty
- IT Due Diligence: Analyze target company IT infrastructures, processes and people
- CTO Consultants for Technology Due Diligence: A key focus area for Crucial Point
- How to Find and Select a Due Diligence Firm: Tips from the Crucial Point team